-->

Wednesday 5 September 2012

THE STATE OF KOMFO ANOKYE SCHOOL TODAY



KOMFO ANOKYE SCHOOL IN RETROSPECT
I wonder how the joy of one’s childhood would be complete when a chunk of it is not spent in a school like Komfo Anokye International Preparatory School. What a school! Many people would agree with me that Komfo Anokye School is one of the best schools the Kumasi Metropolis has ever produced.During its hey-day in the late 1990s and early 2000s, no school, and I repeat with extreme emphasis and sheer pride, no school was comparable to this great institution.

That school was NOT a preparatory school if you ask me. It was certainly a University. No wonder the school continued to pride itself as the mini university. During my days there, I used to beam with pride when one of the school’s long buses passed by in front of our house with the inscription “MINI UNIVERSITY” boldly scribbled at the back. Sometimes I used to beat my chest in total excitement and enthusiastically point it out to my friends in other schools when our gigantic and attractive buses passed. It did not take much time for my friends to start referring to me as ‘mini university’.

Everything within the four walls of the school invariably contributed to the excitement we had in the school. From the Proprietor, Mr. J.K Amponsah,(May His Soul Rest In Peace) headmasters, through the bursary, teachers, the food sellers, to the dynamic student body, all made education in the school worthwhile and fun-filled. Anytime the proprietor assembled us to advice us, the phrase “let the bygones be bygones” and “woe betides you” were a given. The teachers also made indelible impressions on us with their insightful teaching experience, commitment, humour, understanding and extreme tolerance. Paa Wuli, Nana Bobo aka Sir Base, Mr. Jawala, Mr. Kuffour, Mr. Nsiah, Mr. Saint are but few of the teachers who easily come to mind.



You may kindly read the continuation of this article captioned "THE STUDENTS OF KOMFO ANOKYE" here : http://sirmaxi.blogspot.com/2012/09/the-state-of-komfo-anokye-international.html

x

1 comment:

  1. I CAN'T REALLY BELIEVE THAT NO ONE HAS HAD 10 ONES IN THE HISTORY OF THE SCHOOL.

    ReplyDelete

CSS -->